These are some of the checks we do during our factory visits:
Take a tour of the manufacturing facility to:
- Take photos and video of the manufacturing facility
- Compare the facility to other facilities we have visited
- Inspect cleanliness and organization
- Inspect working conditions, how much manual labor is involved in production
- Is the size of the manufacturing facility adequate?
- Are they busy producing products or are they idle?
- Is the packaging adequate to protect the products?
- Verify all the information the supplier gave us over the phone
- See the expertise of the workers
- Inspect the age of production machines
Meet with the owner or sales person to:
- See their product knowledge
- See the working environment
- Get a feel for their willingness to cooperate with us
- Get a sense of how strict they are about exclusivity and secrecy
- Negotiate suitable payment terms
- See wether or not we feel comfortable dealing with this supplier